Saturday, September 17, 2022

Seen in Sonoma County, California: Dahle for Governor and "One Nation Under God" banner

I saw these signs this afternoon on Coleman Valley Road, between Bodega Bay and Occidental California, in Sonoma County, which is part of the North Bay.  It's only the third Dahle for Governor sign I can recall seeing since he declared his candidacy for California governor a number of months ago.  The other Dahle signs I saw a few weeks ago about 20 miles south of here, on the Petaluma-Tomales Road where Sonoma County meets Marin County.  Those were on the fences of what appeared to be working farms, whereas this was not.  
(c) Lisa R. Pruitt 2022
As interesting as the Dahle sign was the one next to it, which shows an image of Jesus pulling back an American flag with the words "One Nation Under God."  This part of Sonoma County is quite remote, but trends Bohemian and thus progressive.  The Dahle sign surprised me, but not nearly as much as the Jesus banner.  

This juxtaposition of Christianity next to politics also reminded me of this sign, which I photographed more than a decade ago in Searcy County, Arkansas, "Vote Jesus President." 

(c) Lisa R. Pruitt 2012
P. S. On my way home from Sonoma County on Sept. 18, I saw a number of additional Dahle signs, all on properties that appeared to be agricultural.    

No comments: